Passing Notes Today: Mrs. Williams
When it comes to my Christmas decorations, I must admit, I'm kind of a one trick wonder. As in, "remember how the decorations looked last year? Well, that's how they are going to look this year." This weekend, in preparation for holiday
|It's a pretty narrow mantle. I have dreams about building it out someday.|
1. Head to the craft store and get shopping:
- Cardboard letters (I bought JOY because I'm cheap. It's only three letters.)
- Paint (silver)
- Ribbon (for the edges)
- Scrapbook paper (I bought a variety and ended up just using the sparkly stuff - shocker.)
2. Paint. My little helper and I painted the back and edges.
|After this season, I think I'll just display "Yo."|
3. Cut out the paper. Might I suggest tracing it backwards, unlike this photo when I cut out the J totally wrong.
4. Glue the paper letters onto the cardboard letters. Then, line the edges with ribbon.
|Here's the letter before I glued the ribbon around the edges.|
|Not too tricky...just add glue and press the ribbon down.|
5. Decorate the mantle. I ended up pulling out some of my sparklier holiday decorations too.
This project was so easy, I might even attempt some other festive words for the mantle...jolly, noel, egg nog. Oh, the possibilities are endless.
Mrs. Kelly Comment: I love your mantle. I love that the kids helped make it but it still looks super chic...and it was affordable. That's how I roll. Champagne mantle on a ginger ale budget. I'm in the spirit!
Mrs. Gosling comment: Your mantle sparkles just like you ..... hee hee! Seriously, it's very pretty and I always love how you have the boys helping!!!!