I don't know about you two, but I have a love-hate relationship with Legos:
- When I see the price tags...hate them!
- When my son quietly and independently plays with them...love them!
- When I step on little pieces of them...hate them!
- When my son lights up even when talking about them...love them!
- When they break into a million pieces...hate them!
- When the Lego store hosts a free lego build...love, love, love them!
|It turns out that we're not the only ones who know about this event.|
|Fortunately, the Lego Club magazine is free, so the boys have something to look at while waiting in line.|
|Here's the build ticket. Usually the builds are themed for the time of year (right up your alley Mrs. K.).|
|The event is well organized. Kids stand at tables in groups of five and are led by an employee who teaches them how to make the Lego object.|
|Love those little hands working.|
|I'm no fool. I get that this event is about selling more Legos. And with a store that looks this cool, it definitely takes some restraint (unless you're a mean mom like me - my answer is always "No.").|
|Look at all these Lego heads. I can hear them getting sucked up in my vacuum right now.|
|Finished. Thanks Lego, you're back on my good side.|
Note from Mrs. Kelly: I know a certain six year old who would love this.
Note from Mrs. Gosling: Can I please come with you next time, so I am not home vacuuming the Legos up? I love that store (even though I never bring Boy #1, #2, #3 or #4. Too dangerous!