You know how Fourth of July ends, but the patriotic feeling continues the rest of the month? If you are like me, you will love this recipe and it's American flavor! It's an easy cobbler recipe that takes about five minutes to prepare and tastes lovely. I basically adapted this food network version. Here's what I used:
- Two 16 ounce bags of Wegmans Just Picked Mixed Berries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
- 2 1/4 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Gather ingredients and spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together frozen fruit, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup Bisquick.
3. Once the fruit is evenly coated, transfer to the slow cooker.
4. In another bowl (though, to be honest, I used the same one) stir together 2 1/4 cups Bisquick, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon. Then, with your hands, drop bits of the dough mixture over the berries in the slow cooker.
5. Mix together cinnamon with 1/4 cup sugar. Then sprinkle over the dough and berries. Cook on high for about three hours.
6. Enjoy some cobbler.
You know I love when life is easy. It doesn't get much easier than this.
You'll be berry glad you tried it!
Note from Mrs. Gosling: My kind of treat - berries, crockpot and easy prep. It looks scrumptious and very festive!